Looking For Burbank Air Conditioning Repair?
Air conditioning repair in Burbank, From The Experts.
There’s nothing quite like being stuck in traffic with the heat hovering around 95° and no air conditioning. On a hot California day nothing replaces a steady blast of chilled air coming from your car’s air vents. It doesn’t matter if your ride is fresh off the showroom floor or a vintage ride.
However, to keep you comfortable, all your automobiles air conditioning parts need to be working properly. Over time your hoses wear, o-rings, seals, and fittings can become loose.These things can cause your Refrigerant to leak, which take a toll on your comfort — and the environment. Unfortunately, leaks often damage other critical components, like the compressor and evaporator. Discovering and addressing these problems early will save you both time and money. The professionals at Burbank Auto Doctor are ready to help. With over 25 years experience in automotive AC systems. We are ready to examine your car’s air conditioning system components and bring them up to peak working condition. If your automobile air conditioning system has a leak, it’s crucial to find its source and fix it as soon as possible. During our inspection process we will check for and confirm no other AC system components have been affected.
How does Burbank Auto Doctor inspect my A/C system?
We use a custom RTI machine that has been specifically designed to test and diagnose any and all automotive A/C problems. If we think there might be a leak, we have the technology to inject a special UV Dye visible by black light. Or use a piece of equipment that can actually sniff the air from around the system it’s referred to as a “sniffer.” This allows us to detect leaks quickly and easily and can detect any refrigerant fumes and residue that have breached the A/C system.
Do I need an appointment to have my A/C inspected?
Unlike other shops, at Burbank Auto Doctor an appointment isn’t necessary for us to perform a comprehensive A/C evaluation. However, if you would like to make an appointment for your convenience we’re happy to do that for you!
How long does an A/C Performance Check take?
As you can imagine most A/C problems show up on the hottest days of the year here in Southern California. Nothing like being stuck in traffic with the temperature hovering around 95° and your vehicle’s A/C not working. Let’s just say, business really picks up at that time.
The inspection and testing process alone can take at least 30 minutes—and that’s if there is no problem or it’s an easy problem to spot. Most often, if work is needed on your A/C system we can perform the necessary repairs that same day and get you back on the road as quick as possible. No additional appointments are necessary.
We’re here to serve you, so if you would like, you can just drop your vehicle off. Once the work is done we will give you a ring.
What is included with your A/C Service?
We offer four A/C services to keep you cool and comfortable:
- A/C Performance Check
This is our most basic service. We’ll determine the condition of your A/C system and whether or not you need any additional work performed.
An A/C System Performance Check includes:
- Performance Test
- Visual Inspection
- Pressure and Leak Test
With any A/C repairs we perform, we will also perform an A/C Evacuate and Recharge.
With the A/C Evacuate and Recharge we’ll:
Recover any remaining old refrigerant from your A/C system.
Evacuate system according to your vehicle manufacturer’s procedure for proper evacuation.
- Recharge A/C system with proper amount of new or recycled refrigerant.
- Verify System is performing well by checking pressure and temperature control.
- A/C Retrofit from R-12 to R-134a
- Even if your vehicle’s designed with the old refrigerant, R-12, we’re fully equipped to retrofit your vehicle for R-134a.
- With this retrofit you’ll have an environmentally friendly A/C system, free of all ozone destroying CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons).
Your A/C System Retrofit includes:
- Visual inspection of your current A/C system makeup
- Testing the A/C system’s current performance
- Recovering R-12
- Repairing A/C system to accommodate R-134a
- Install all new parts required to have maximum preference from your new R134a system
- Installing service port conversion fittings
- Adding the proper amount of R-134a compatible oil
- Performing deep evacuation
- Charging the A/C system with R-134a
- Conduct performance test on new retrofit A/C system
- Apply retrofit label to certify system as R-134a compatible
- A/C System Repair/Replacement
We service most makes and models domestic or import. We can replace:
- O-rings, seals, hoses and lines
- Compressors and compressor clutches
- Orifice tubes and thermal expansion valves
- Driers, receivers and accumulators
- Switches, solenoids, relays, control modules and blend doors
- Blower motors and blower motor resistors
All our A/C services and repairs come with a 12 month/12000 mile Parts warranty (whichever comes first) and a 90 day labor warranty.
Do you service A/C systems on Hybrid Vehicles?
- Yes we can also service AC systems on Hybird cars and trucks