Looking For Engine Tune-up?
Engine Tune-up: Preserve Your Engine’s Power.
No matter if you have a vintage ride from the 1950s or a brand new hybrid, sooner or later you’re going to need a “tune-up”. The truth is the basics of how a gasoline engine works haven’t changed for over 100 years. Here’s what needs to happen, clean gas and air need to be driven to your vehicle’s cylinders. Next is combustion, initiated by a spark plug, creates the power to move your vehicle and if everything else is in place your vehicle moves forward.Burbank Auto Doctor standard tune-up includes a spark plug replacement to revitalize your engine. Getting your vehicle tuned-up to meet your manufacturer’s recommendations makes your engine easier to start, improves fuel economy, lowers emissions and restores lost power. Make no mistake: we’re car enthusiasts – and we’re here to ensure your car’s performance and value live on. Even though the basic design hasn’t changed in over 100 years today’s engines are more highly advanced and more difficult to tune and troubleshoot than your Grandparents car. That’s why the experts at Burbank Auto Doctor use sophisticated engine diagnostic equipment and vehicle computer data to pinpoint hidden problems and worn parts.
Check with your manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule
Just follow your vehicle’s recommended maintenance scheduled which can be found in your owner’s Manual or if you’re unsure just give us a call and Let us tailor a package that meets your specific scheduled vehicles maintenance needs.
Depending on the age and model of your vehicle, your engine tune-up service includes:
- A thorough inspection of your entire engine and its mechanisms
- Replacement of faulty or worn electronic engine components such as oxygen Sensors and electronic control module components
- Replacement of faulty or worn spark plugs, air filters, and fuel filters
- Adjustment of your vehicle’s idle and timing (where applicalbe)
- Adjustment of the clutch (on vehicles equipped with a manual transmission) ( where applicalbe)
Engine tune-up services are backed by Burbank Auto Doctor Limited Warranty of 24 months or 24,000 mi (40,000 km), whichever comes first, for standard parts and labor.
Why are tune-ups important for my vehicle?
Normal vehicle usage causes various parts of your engine to lose their efficiency because of under-the-hood temperature and vibration.
- Regular tune-ups help maintain vehicle safety and performance by ensuring that worn or faulty parts are replaced promptly
- Tune-ups can help you achieve maximum fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.
When to get a tune-up
Tune-ups are an important part of regular vehicle maintenance and should be scheduled annually.You should schedule a tune-up sooner if you notice any of the following:
- Your gas mileage is decreasing
- You experience a loss of power or torque
- Your engine sounds like it’s running rough or stalls out at a stop
- You hear knocking or pinging sounds when accelerating or after the ignition is turned off
- Your check engine light remains on after your initial start
For more ways to keep your vehicle in excellent condition, see our vehicle maintenance guidelines.
Related auto services you may be interested in: